Thursday, February 23, 2006

progress report

So, I have this list of things to catch up on. Well, I have accomplished two things. I have cleaned my office--not a speck of dust anywhere. And I have fixed the toilet on the main floor of my house. While I was swapping out the float and turn-off mechanism, my roomate came home and asked what in the world I was doing. I told her I was sick of digging in the tank with every flush and I was fixing it so I wouldn't have to. "You are amazing," she said. "I have to be,"I responded. Others have deemed me crazy for the repairs I attempt, I think I'll appreciate amazing. Then my brother came over and asked me which mechanism I put in. I told him. And he told me, that particular brand malfulctions frequently. I guess he had replaced both of my neighbors'. Argh!

1 comment:

Blorge said...

Sometimes just the thought of doing something is more stressful than the actual doing of the thing itsself. For instance, I have to deep-clean my whole house this weekend and I've been dreading it, but when I think about it, I think it will actually be kind of nice to get the exercize and to actually accomplish something, and have a clean house.