Wednesday, August 16, 2006

what good thing must I do...Matt 19:16-22

As I went to sleep, I was praying about my distressed financial situation. The Lord came to me in a dream telling me I had not yet given up all and that I was to move into someone else’s home so as to alleviate the financial stress. In my dream I obeyed, moving into an older house that at times seemed to be my son’s home and at times it wasn’t. It was a small house. I would live upstairs sharing my son’s office space but would sleep downstairs. There seemed to be an urgency to prepare the rest of the guest rooms for visitors we were expecting. There was one room in particular, the upstairs sewing room that was problematic. The room was quite messy and my son was attempting to install draperies to cover the messiness of the sewing area. Contrary to his typical patient nature he was quite short tempered about the project. My living situation in the house was also a bit patched together. Since my son’s office was too cold to live in, even though it was my living space, I stayed away. My current bed was too old but was temporarily set up in a guest room, until such a time when I would get a new one which would be placed in my bedroom. I had also hoped for a Jacuzzi bathtub to ease my aching back but there was none.

There was my pastor who worked in the upstairs living area under one of the slanted ceilings. He loved it. The place was pleasantly cluttered and not at all professionally decorated. There were potted geraniums everywhere. Yet, down the hall from him there was a wall that led nowhere. It was a bit mysterious—as though it lead somewhere and something existed behind it. I kept absentmindedly walking into it. Finally, one day, I said to my pastor, “When will I stop trying to make a door where none exists? This wall is a dead-end.” We both laughed when he said, “Yes, I know what you mean. I keep doing the same thing.”

Then I heard the Lord recite scripture to me, “Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk.” Acts 3:6

The other day my good friend and I were talking about poverty and how the scriptures seem to indicate that kingdom living nececitates a rejection of worldly comforts. She then told me this dream. Since I thought it quite profound, I am posting it here for your benefit.

No comments: